Monday, June 27, 2011

Life is all about perspective

I cannot believe I let 6 months slip by without taking the time to update the blog! Well quite a bit has happened as I was skimming through previous entries. For starters, I don't live in the same state nor do I work for the same company and to top that, I am no longer a student!

In my last blog, I mentioned how life's a journey, blah, blah, blah....well now that I am done with school I thought it was time for life to be peachy keen, that just doesn't seem to be the case. Not until my dad told me that "life is all about perspective." I never realized how profound that little sentence would be, especially right now in this transitional chapter of life.

All too often, it is such human nature (well not for everyone) to look at the glass half empty rather than half full. For example, since I moved back to my hometown, I used to think how pathetic: I am 23 & I live with my parents, all I do is work, go to the gym, pay bills & check my Facebook occasionally (whereas the only thing I usually get out of doing that is finding out who is getting married next!) Looking at all of these things from the glass half full: I live with my parents= I have NO RENT & constant company, All I do is work = I have a full time job THAT I LOVE in this awful economy using the degree I worked so hard for, All I do is go to the gym = but I am extra healthy :), pay bills = but the Lord faithfully provides for my needs EVERY month, everyone's getting married according to Facebook = I am single as ever, which means I have nothing tying me down and the sky is the limit!....sounds like it may be time to travel somewhere real soon!

My encouragement to you all is enjoy EVERY chapter life the Lord allows us to walk through. There is always something special in each chapter and always something to be learned. The Lord reminds us of this in:
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment